Quest One Identity Solutions from
, now part of Dell, set the standard for AD-based security and management, while expanding that strategy enterprise-wide. In most organizations,
Active Directory (AD) is one of the largest and most important identity stores, and one of the most critical applications. Gartner estimates that AD is in use globally* by approximately 95 percent of enterprises (including small, midsize and large organizations). Due to its strategic and operational importance, Active Directory demands advanced security and administration.
A Quest One solution,
, is an industry-leading security and management tool for AD-based identities and accounts. ActiveRoles Server secures Active Directory, enabling organizations to protect this important piece of the identity infrastructure. The Quest One solution enables organizations to administer AD-based identities and accounts in less time, and with fewer errors, through automation for user and group management. ActiveRoles Server provides all the functions necessary to protect, manage and overcome the native shortcomings of Active Directory.
Expanded Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Quest today unveiled the latest version of ActiveRoles Server, which is known for simplifying and securing the most common identity management tasks. ActiveRoles Server 6.8 goes a step further by giving the organization even more powerful administrative, security and visibility tools, including:
- Workflow – ActiveRoles Server simplifies account clean-up and automates manual AD management tasks
- Exchange Management – ActiveRoles Server provides the most complete capability to manage accounts in Exchange environments as an integrated piece of AD administration
- Approvals – ActiveRoles Server enables delegation, escalation and re-assignment of administrator requests to ensure security objectives and compliance demands are met
- Scanning and Pruning – ActiveRoles Server makes avoiding Active Directory group and object bloat simple and complete
– ActiveRoles Server supports larger IAM initiatives with tight native integration to a wide range of IAM solutions and key enterprise applications such as
Quest One Identity Manager
Quest One Quick Connect
, Office365, Microsoft Lync Services, Quest
Pricing and Availability:
Jackson Shaw, senior director of product management, Quest Software
“ActiveRoles Server has long been the foundation for effective identity and access management in AD-centric environments. As our customers move beyond identity management and into more advanced IAM principles such as governance and privileged account management, managing the myriad identities and accounts in AD is critical to overall IAM success.”
About Quest Software (now a part of Dell)
- ActiveRoles Server is available now for $25 per enabled user
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Quest, now a part of Dell’s Software Group, provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management. For more information, visit
About Dell Software
Dell Software helps customers of every size take advantage of new technologies and address organizational challenges to grow their businesses and remain competitive. For more than a decade, Dell has been making strategic software acquisitions and partnering in the industry to support and enable the hardware and services solutions it provides to customers. In 2012, Dell formed a dedicated software division to extend its capabilities in software IP and total solutions offerings. Dell security, systems management, business intelligence and application software draw on the strength of Dell’s distribution capabilities and reputation to help clients in every industry achieve better business outcomes.