The North American Car Rental Market
• It provides a comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2007–2011 review period and the 2012–2016 forecast period
• The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in North America
• It provides a comprehensive analysis of the car rental market with values for both the 2007–2011 review period and the 2012–2016 forecast period
• The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of the North American car rental market covering market size, growth drivers and key performance indicators• The report includes data on the competitive landscape covering leading competitors and competitive strategy for the North American car rental market Reasons To Buy • Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the North American travel and tourism sector • Understand the demand-side dynamics within the North American travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities • The report helps to understand the market size, growth opportunities, leading competitors and competitive strategy for the North American car rental market Key Highlights • The North American car rental market is going through a consolidation phase with the nine leading brands in the region held by four major companies. The level of competition in the market is extremely high with low profit margins. • According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the North America region accounted for the largest number of inbound tourist arrivals in the Americas in 2011. The region accounted for a 10.3% share of the world's international visitor arrivals and a 15.9% share of total inbound tourists to the Americas, yet registered nominal growth during the review period, from 107.8 million arrivals in 2007 to 116.9 million in 2011. • The value of the car rental market declined from US$27.06 billion in 2008 to US$25.40 billion in 2009. However, the market has since then recovered as the value increased from US$25.4 billion in 2009 to US$26.77 billion in 2011. • The North American car rental market is one of the most evolved car rental markets in the world. Since the countries in the region have large geographical areas and are also well connected by roads, car rental services are a logical option. The level of competition in the industry is high, although much of the market share is concentrated with four leading companies.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts