NEW YORK, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, announced today the release of Colleen Saidman's "Yoga for Weight Loss" DVD. In her first solo DVD with Gaiam, Saidman, the wife of the acclaimed yoga teacher Rodney Yee, and the owner and director of Yoga Shanti studio in Sag Harbor, New York, provides practitioners with a program that will help them reach their weight-loss goals and foster a healthy mind-body connection.
"Yoga for Weight Loss" focuses on changing the practitioner's mindset so that they will truly understand their bodies and make smart food and lifestyle choices. By combining muscle-toning poses, aerobic movements, breathing exercises, restorative poses, and meditation, Saidman has created a unique program that slims the body and focuses the mind for optimum health and wellness.
Saidman, who is also the co-director of the Donna Karan's Urban Zen Integrative Therapy (UZIT) Program and a model with Ford Models for 30 years, developed "Yoga for Weight Loss" to provide an intelligent, holistic approach that also teaches viewers how to apply aspects of the practice to other areas of their lives. "This DVD is designed to approach weight loss by bettering one's health rather than depriving oneself," Saidman says. "Weight loss does not simply occur from eating less and burning more calories; it involves other factors such as, surprisingly, proper relaxation. When you tune into your body in a relaxed and mindful way, you stop making unhealthy choices. As a result, you'll not only lose the extra pounds, but also feel more calm, relaxed, and alert."
"Yoga for Weight Loss" features three 20-minute practices that burn calories and increase strength, flexibility, balance, and focus to maintain a healthy mind and body. They include:
- Total Body Flow (20 minutes) – Burns calories, tones muscles, and uses the breath to create a mind-body connection which promotes focus and clarity.
- Whittle Your Middle (20 minutes) – Incorporates postures that focus on toning the core muscles, which consist of the abdominals, the laterals, and the back muscles of the waist area to burn excess fat and gain control and confidence.
- De-stress, revitalize – features a slow flow, focusing on forward-bend poses, that promotes a deep state of relaxation. This section will improve the quality of sleep, which has been proven to be essential to sustainable weight loss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV