NEW YORK, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, announced today the release of Intro to T'ai Chi: the 9 Beginner Flows and the DVD version of the PBS pledge show, T'ai Chi for Health & Happiness. Led by acclaimed master instructor David-Dorian Ross, the DVDs demonstrate the practice of T'ai Chi, a practice that was developed in China hundreds of years ago and provides a myriad of health benefits to its millions of practitioners.
"T'ai Chi focuses on the connection between movements to create balance in one's whole life – the body, mind, and spirit," says Ross. "My goal is to make the practice as accessible as possible, so everyone can reap the physical and mental health benefits of T'ai Chi."
T'ai Chi for Health & Happiness, which originally aired as a pledge show on PBS, introduces the benefits of T'ai Chi with the goal of teaching viewers how easy it is to learn and practice for lifelong benefits. This DVD guides the user through four easy moves to create a simple flow that can be used daily to bring balance, power, and integrity into their everyday experience. Additionally, the DVD shares how T'ai Chi can help with three of the biggest health concerns today: obesity, aging, and disease.
In Intro to T'ai Chi, Ross provides an easy-to-follow introduction to the fundamentals of T'ai Chi, leading the viewer through a flow sequence that can help balance all aspects of life. The DVD features three 20-minute practices which include:
- Entering The Flow (20 min) – Introduces the first two principles of T'ai Chi – Slow Down and Relax – along with the first two moves in the flow sequence.
- Finding Your Still Point (20 min) – Continues with the next two principles – Sink Down/Stay Down and Be Neutral – and the next three moves in the series.
- Create Balance (20 min) – Explores the final two principles – Balance Energy and Coordinate – as it teaches the final four moves of the routine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV