Global Agricultural Biotechnology Industry
Safety Issues II-22
Ethical Issues II-22
Lack of Regulatory Framework II-23
3. INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY II-24Definition II-24Transgenic Plants Defined II-24Functioning of Biotechnology II-24Brief History of Agricultural Biotechnology II-24Significant Periods in the Development of Genetics II-25Advantages of Agricultural Biotechnology II-25Facilitating Easier Food Production II-25Enhancing Food Quality and Nutrition II-25Forestry and Trees II-26Beneficial for Hungry World II-26Environmental Benefits II-26Herbicide Acceptance for Modern Farming II-26Water Quality Protection II-27Guarding Against Plant Diseases II-27Nutrition, Quality and Health Benefits II-27Other Benefits II-27Select Agricultural Biotech Products Available in the Market II-28Biopesticides II-29Agricultural Biotechnology Process II-29Classes of Companies Involved in Agricultural Biotechnology II-30Biotech R&D Companies II-30Companies Manufacturing Agricultural Products II-30Seed Companies II-31Pharmaceutical Companies Operating through Subsidiaries II-31Food Corporations II-31Biotechnology and Forestry II-314. TRANSGENIC CROPS - AN OVERVIEW II-32 Genetically Modified Crops: A Global Perspective II-32 Genetically Modified Crops Slowly Losing their Stigma II-32 Industry Highlights II-32 Future R&D Strategies II-33 5. AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY IN DEVELOPING REGIONS II-34Developing Regions - In the Shadow of Developed Nations II-34Biotech Research Initiatives II-34Asia-Pacific Markets - Keen to Enter AgriculturalBiotechnology Field II-35China - Rapidly Embracing Biotechnology II-35India - Biotechnology on Priority II-35Taiwan Promotes Agricultural Biotechnology II-35Thailand - Using Biotechnology to Increase Food Output II-36The Philippines - Rising Consumer Concerns II-36Latin America and the Caribbean - Diverse Applications ofBiotechnology II-36Argentina - Growth Continues II-37Brazil - Second Largest Market in the World II-37Mexico - Positive Approach Towards Biotechnology II-37Costa Rica - Using Biotechnology Right II-37Sub-Saharan Africa - Under Shadow of Food and Poverty Crisis II-38 6. AGRICULTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY - ISSUES AND IMPACTS II-39 Consumer Issues and Impacts II-39 Agricultural Issues and Impacts II-39 Benefits to Farmers II-39 Challenges for Farmers II-40 Environmental Issues and Impacts II-40 Environmental Impacts - Cannot be Ignored II-40 Is Biotechnology Beneficial for Environment? II-40 Potential Risks to Environment II-40 Cross Pollination II-40 Effects on Non-Target Varieties II-41
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV