LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. [NYSE:GBX] announced today that Martin Graham will join the company on January 2, 2013, as Executive Vice President of Materials Management, Engineering and Operations for Greenbrier Manufacturing North America. He will report to Alejandro Centurion, president of Greenbrier manufacturing for North America.
In this new role, Mr. Graham will have direct responsibility for engineering, purchasing, and production control functions. He is expected to lead improvements across Greenbrier's new railcar manufacturing platform and drive execution and margin enhancement. In its 2012 fiscal year ended August 31, 2012, Greenbrier had manufacturing revenue of $1.25 billion and gross margin of $132 million.
Graham is well known in the railcar industry with over 21 years experience in senior leadership roles. He previously served as the President of Trinity Rail North American Freight, a division of Trinity Industries, Inc., where he oversaw all aspects of Trinity's freight car operations in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Prior to joining Trinity Rail, Graham served as President and Chief Operating Officer at Thrall Car Manufacturing Co. where he was responsible for all business activities in North America and Europe.
"We are particularly fortunate to have a seasoned executive of Martin's caliber join the Greenbrier organization," said William A. Furman, Greenbrier's president and chief executive officer. "He is widely respected for his extensive knowledge of railcar manufacturing and leasing, including tank cars. He has vast international experience and is a proven industry leader.""Martin will be a tremendous addition to our executive team, and our entire organization will benefit from his expertise," Furman added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV