DaVita®, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners, Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, was recognized this week as one of the top five most likeable companies in the U.S. by New York Times bestselling author Dave Kerpen, whose latest book is Likeable Business.
Rounding out the top five most likeable businesses according to Kerpen were The Company Store, Entenmann’s, Southwest Airlines, and Trader Joe’s.
Likeable Business describes a variety of traits that make businesses “likeable” – qualities that help them deliver more of what modern consumers demand. Kerpen says the traits of a likeable business include gratefulness, team playing, responsiveness, passion and surprise and delight.
“DaVita is the nation's second largest dialysis provider and holds ‘team playing’ as a core value,” according to a news release from Likeable Media, where Kerpen serves as CEO. “The DaVita Village, home to 45,000 team members, is a community first, and a company second.”Likeable Business chronicles DaVita’s dramatic turnaround from company on the brink of bankruptcy in 1999 to a thriving business with more than $7B in revenues in 2011. Much of DaVita’s success can be attributed to the team assembled and nurtured by DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent Thiry. Living out DaVita’s “team” value included the creation of the DaVita Village Network (DVN), a program Thiry proposed early in the company’s turnaround period. The DVN provides DaVita teammates with financial assistance during times of crisis and has supplied more than $2 million to hundreds of teammates since its creation. “The DaVita team is a family – all 45,000 of them,” Kerpen writes in the book. “They care for each other with intensity, learn from each other, and work hard to live their shared values for each other and their patients.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV