New products line additions from ZAGG Inc (NASDAQ: ZAGG), a leading mobile device accessories company, fall into categories forecasted to have the highest growth rates in the mobile accessories industry.
The iFrogz Caliber line of gaming headsets. (Photo: Business Wire)
A recent report from ABI Research anticipates that the aftermarket mobile device accessories segment will continue to grow at a 10.5% compound annual growth rate from 2012 through 2017, driven by growth in smartphone sales. ABI is predicting annual revenues of $62 billion by 2017 in the aftermarket mobile accessories industry. The report identifies protective cases and stereo wired headsets as the categories to show the highest growth rates.
Recently introduced products are anticipated to help ZAGG take greater advantage of this projected growth, in particular through their iFrogz brand. These include the Vue case for the iPhone line, the Animatone headphones and earbuds for children, and the Caliber gaming headsets.
- Vue Case: The iFrogz Vue is a customizable case for the iPhone that lets users combine their favorite pictures, prints or designs to create a unique, personalized, scrapbook-style case. The Vue retails for $29.99 and includes the case itself, a camera hole punch and template.
- Animatone Heaphones and Earbuds: The Animatone line features child-friendly designs in a variety of bright colors with built-in volume boundaries to prevent the sound from being turned louder than 85 decibels. The Animatone earbuds retail for $19.99 and the headphones retail for $24.99.
- Caliber Gaming Headsets: The Caliber line of headsets provides amazing design and sound quality for a premium mobile, desktop or console gaming experience. Prices are: $59.99 for the Caliber Stealth, $89.99 for the Caliber Axiom and $129.99 for Caliber Vanguard.
“ZAGG has developed a reputation for creative product solutions. In these two categories, cases and headphones we look to deliver differentiated products that provide a unique feature set to fully take advantage of this rapidly growing sector,” said Derek Smith, executive vice president of sales for ZAGG Inc. “In 2013, beginning with CES, we expect to have our largest product introductions in company history across multiple product categories as we continue to bring appealing and distinctive products to consumers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV