Good Technology Introduces Good Vault - The First Identity & Access Management Solution For Secure Email On IOS Devices
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure enterprise mobility, today introduced Good Vault™, the first product built on the newly introduced Good Trust™ mobile identity and access management (IAM) platform. Good Vault extends strong two-factor authentication and S/MIME security to Good's award-winning Good for Enterprise™ email application. Leveraging Good Vault, highly regulated organizations in the government, healthcare and financial services industries can more effectively battle escalating mobile security threats while meeting compliance regulations. The new solution was unveiled at the Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit taking place December 3-5 th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Mobility has been the ultimate disruptive technology. The number of bring your own device (BYOD) programs is increasing within enterprises and application authentication is not immune from this influence," said Michael W. Mahan, senior vice president of special markets for Good Technology, who leads the Good Trust product line. "BYOD impacts the controls and management options available to the enterprise—underscoring the need for more flexible and extendable secure access solutions. At Good, we believe that mobile two-factor authentication is on track to become the dominant force in the IAM market and we intend to lead the pack in its adoption with our Good Trust platform and the Good Vault solution."According to recent research by Gartner, IAM processes and technologies make significant contributions to the business strategies and technologies that are among CIOs' higher priorities. Good Vault allows IT, Security, and Information Assurance leaders to:
- Ensure integrity and security of corporate email and data
- Prevent data loss using S/MIME encryption with credentials stored in a Secure Element
- Drive employee adoption with convenience and portability
- Meet stringent compliance regulations and security standards
- Better comply with HSPD-12, FIPS, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HITEC, HIPAA and other regulatory standards
- Leverage current IAM investments to increase ROI and extend mobility
- Lower overall costs for mobile IAM
- A hardware-based Secure Element to store user credentials and keys; this comes in two options:
- Smart card
- MicroSD card
- A slim Sleeve/Reader that slides onto the phone and stores the smart card or microSD card
- The Good Vault smart card reader—provided by Precise Biometrics—which is a casing that adds smart card readers to the iPhone 4 or 4S. The reader is designed so that the iPhone maintains its sleek design adding only ½ inch (16 mm) in length, 0.16 inches (4mm) in width, and 0.22 inches (5.7 mm) in thickness, and weighs only 1.5oz (41g).
- The microSD reader, supplied by HID Global®, which is a slim casing for the iPhone 4 or 4S that contains a slot for inserting the microSD card, and;
- HID Global's ActivID Credential Management System to issue and manage the microSD cards for either primary or derived credentials.
- Server side software that is a Web-based Admin console for configuring Good Vault.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts