- Amongst the world's largest Cu-Ni-PGM polymetallic sulphide deposits with contained metals (using a 0.3% Cu cut-off) of 13.7 billion lbs copper, 4.4 billion lbs nickel, and 21.2 million ozs palladium+platinum+gold (TPM) [ 1 ]in the Indicated category and 11.8 billion lbs copper, 4.0 billion lbs nickel, and 12.8 million ozs TPM [ 1 ] in the Inferred category, representing an average 19% increase from the June 2012 interim AMEC Report.
- Using a base case 0.3% Cu cut-off, AMEC estimated an Indicated Mineral Resource of 1.17 billion tons [ 2 ] and an Inferred Mineral Resource of 1.26 billion tons on the three deposits (Birch Lake, Maturi and Spruce Road) occurring on approximately 11% of the footprint of the prospective portion of the Twin Metals Minnesota (TMM) property block, representing a 60% increase in Indicated Tons and a 9% increase in Inferred Tons from the June 2012 interim report.
- The S3 Subunit (which is a subset of the base case mineral resource estimate for the Maturi Deposit) using a higher 0.5% Cu cut-off contains 622 million tons in the Indicated category and 198 million tons in the Inferred category. This material may have potential to provide higher-grade mill feed for the early stages of any planned mining operation.
- Exploration Target areas include additional potential resources of between 1.4 and 2.2 billion tons contiguous to the boundaries of the three deposits. These Exploration Target areas occur on approximately 12% of the footprint of the prospective portion of the TMM property block.
- The AMEC updated mineral resource estimate highlights a growing Platinum Group Metal (PGM) and gold resource of 21.2 million ozs Indicated and 12.8 million ozs Inferred in the Maturi and Birch Lake deposits. A decline of 3.0 million ozs contained in the Inferred Resource from the June 2012 interim report is offset by a 9.1 million ozs (75%) increase in the Indicated Resource. The TMM project has one of the world's largest palladium and platinum resources outside of South Africa.
Duluth Metals Announces An Updated Mineral Resource Estimate Confirming Large Increases To Twin Metals Contained Metal, Grade And Indicated Tonnage
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts