BrandZ(TM) Top 50 Most Valuable Chinese Brands 2013 Outperform MSCI China Index
Background and Methodology
Commissioned by WPP and undertaken by Millward Brown, the BrandZ Top 50 Most Valuable Chinese Brands ranking is the only study to combine measures of brand equity based on interviews with over 35,000 consumers in China. It conducts a rigorous analysis of the financial and business performance of each company (using data from Bloomberg and Kantar Worldpanel) to identify the value that brand plays in driving business revenue and market capitalization.
Criteria for the Chinese brands included in the Top 50 ranking were:
- Brand must be owned by a publicly-traded enterprise
- The publicly-traded enterprise must report positive earnings
- Brand must originally have been created by a mainland Chinese enterprise
- When valuing financial institutions, we only included banks that obtain at least 20 percent of their earnings from retail banking.
About Millward BrownMillward Brown is one of the world's leading research agencies and is expert in effective advertising, marketing communications, media and brand equity research. Through the use of an integrated suite of validated research solutions — both qualitative and quantitative — Millward Brown helps clients build strong brands and services. Millward Brown has more than 82 offices in 52 countries. Additional practices include Millward Brown's Global Media Practice (media effectiveness unit), The Neuroscience Practice (using neuroscience to enhance traditional research techniques), Millward Brown Optimor (focused on helping clients maximize the returns on their brand and marketing investments), Dynamic Logic (the world leader in digital marketing effectiveness) and Firefly Millward Brown (a global qualitative research business). Millward Brown is part of Kantar, WPP's insight, information and consultancy group.
About WPP WPP is the world's largest communications services group with billings of $71.7 billion and revenues of $16.1 billion. Through its operating companies, the group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising; media investment management; consumer insight; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing; and specialist communications. The company employs over 162,000 people (including associates) in 3,000 offices across 110 countries. For more information, visit www.wpp.com. SOURCE PR Newswire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV