Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance signal processing technology and the data converter market share leader*, today introduced a multiplexed 24-bit sigma-delta A/D converter that doubles the throughput rate of alternative sigma-delta converters while dissipating less power. Designed for process automation and instrumentation systems where data channel density is increasing and channels must be monitored faster, ADI’s new AD7176-2 A/D converter achieves a 50 kSPS (thousand samples per second) multi-channel scan rate. In an automated, high-precision production line, the performance of the AD7176-2 allows for faster manufacturing while achieving the precision, low-input bandwidth signal measurements that are inherently associated with the sigma-delta architecture. Measured on a single channel, the AD7176-2 delivers as many as 17.2 noise-free bits at 250 kSPS and 22 noise-free bits at 5 SPS.
- Download data sheet, view product page, access ADI’s Circuits from the Lab™ reference circuits and request samples: http://www.analog.com/AD7176-2
- Learn more about designing with the sigma-delta converter architecture through this interactive tutorial: http://designtools.analog.com/dt/sdtutorial/sdtutorial.html
- Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters/precision_adcs
The AD7176-2 A/D converter includes high-precision, on-chip peripherals, including a 2.5 V, ±2.5 ppm/°C reference and ±2.5% internal oscillator that reduce board space and lower bill of materials costs while maintaining high performance. The new converter features flexible on-chip digital filters, which optimize settling, resolution and line frequency rejection. The new converter also can be configured on a per-channel basis allowing for different filter and output data rates as well as per-channel offset and gain error correction.
AD7176-2 24-bit Sigma-Delta A/D Converter Key Features:
- 5 SPS to 250 kSPS output rate for fast and flexible updates
- 17.2 noise free bits at 250 kSPS for more accurate measurements
- Up to 90 dB 50 Hz and 60 Hz line frequency rejection using enhanced 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection filters
- 7.8 mA total current consumption
|Pricing, Availability and Complementary Products|
|Product||Sample Availability||Channel Configuration||Reference||Price Each In 1,000 Quantities||Package|
|AD7176-2||Yes||4 pseudo/2 fulldifferential||2.5 V± 2 ppm/°C||$10.25||24-leadTSSOP|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV