EANTC Uses Spirent Solutions For Carrier Ethernet Testing And Interoperability Demonstration
Spirent Communications, for the sixth consecutive year, played a key role in the European Advanced Networking Test Center AG (EANTC) Carrier Ethernet interoperability testing event. The test examined and assessed leading equipment manufacturers’ solutions for Carrier Ethernet, MPLS-TP and timing. The interoperability test was recently showcased at Carrier Ethernet World Congress, September 17-20 in Barcelona and will once again be hosted at Carrier Ethernet World Congress APAC, December 3-5 in Hong Kong.
The growing demand for high bandwidth applications and always-on mobile connectivity is driving the deployment of Carrier Ethernet technologies in backhaul networks. However, Carrier Ethernet has critical challenges such as distributed timing and maintaining synchronization in the backhaul, validating interoperability of Ethernet OAM procedures among vendors, and ensuring the performance of Ethernet in the presence of high scale traffic.
“The ongoing developments in Carrier Ethernet make interoperability and performance testing important and this Carrier Ethernet World Congress demonstration gave us an opportunity to showcase the progress the industry is making,” said Carsten Rossenhövel, managing director, EANTC AG. “Spirent remains a trusted partner in public testing events and Spirent’s solutions in the interoperability events were important to help showcase the advances in the implementation and features of Carrier Ethernet.”
- Spirent TestCenter terminated MPLS-TP tunnels and validated QoS on MPLS-TP connections over microwave links
- Spirent TestCenter emulated 1588v2 and SyncE clocks and validated Grandmaster switchover scenarios on both Ethernet and microwave links
- Spirent Paragon-X was used in multiple tests to introduce constant and variable delay, packet drops, and to measure the accuracy of DUT clocks by measuring and plotting MTIE/TDEV and Packet TIE statistics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV