EANTC Uses Spirent Solutions For Carrier Ethernet Testing And Interoperability Demonstration
Spirent Communications, for the sixth consecutive year, played a key role in the European Advanced Networking Test Center AG (EANTC) Carrier Ethernet interoperability testing event. The test examined and assessed leading equipment manufacturers’ solutions for Carrier Ethernet, MPLS-TP and timing. The interoperability test was recently showcased at Carrier Ethernet World Congress, September 17-20 in Barcelona and will once again be hosted at Carrier Ethernet World Congress APAC, December 3-5 in Hong Kong.
The growing demand for high bandwidth applications and always-on mobile connectivity is driving the deployment of Carrier Ethernet technologies in backhaul networks. However, Carrier Ethernet has critical challenges such as distributed timing and maintaining synchronization in the backhaul, validating interoperability of Ethernet OAM procedures among vendors, and ensuring the performance of Ethernet in the presence of high scale traffic.
“The ongoing developments in Carrier Ethernet make interoperability and performance testing important and this Carrier Ethernet World Congress demonstration gave us an opportunity to showcase the progress the industry is making,” said Carsten Rossenhövel, managing director, EANTC AG. “Spirent remains a trusted partner in public testing events and Spirent’s solutions in the interoperability events were important to help showcase the advances in the implementation and features of Carrier Ethernet.”
- Spirent TestCenter terminated MPLS-TP tunnels and validated QoS on MPLS-TP connections over microwave links
- Spirent TestCenter emulated 1588v2 and SyncE clocks and validated Grandmaster switchover scenarios on both Ethernet and microwave links
- Spirent Paragon-X was used in multiple tests to introduce constant and variable delay, packet drops, and to measure the accuracy of DUT clocks by measuring and plotting MTIE/TDEV and Packet TIE statistics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts