This press release is not for tax reporting purposes but is being provided to announce the amount of the Trust’s distributions that have been declared by the Board. In early 2013, after definitive information is available, the Trust will send shareholders a Form 1099-DIV specifying how the distributions paid by the Trust during the calendar year should be characterized for purposes of reporting the distributions on a shareholder’s tax return (e.g., ordinary income, short-term capital gain, long-term capital gain or return of capital).
About NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund
NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund is a closed-end fund managed by NexPoint Advisors, L.P. The Fund is invested primarily in below investment grade debt and equity securities and has the ability to hedge risk. The manager attempts to exceed the return of Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index in a transparent, registered fund format with monthly dividends. NexPoint Advisors, L.P. has served as the Fund’s investment adviser since June 11th, 2012 and is an affiliate of Pyxis Capital, L.P., the Fund’s investment adviser from December 15th, 2011 to June 10th, 2012 and Highland Capital Management, L.P., the Fund’s investment adviser from inception in 2006 to December 14th, 2011. The Fund’s shares were listed on the NYSE under the symbol “HCF” but effective September 10, 2012, they are trading under the symbol “NHF”. An investment in the Fund is not appropriate for all investors. No assurance can be given that the Fund will achieve its investment objectives.
Shares of closed-end investment companies frequently trade at a discount to net asset value. The price of the Fund’s shares is determined by a number of factors, several of which are beyond the control of the Fund. Therefore, the Fund cannot predict whether its shares will trade at, below or above net asset value.Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV