Unfortunately, the Exchange notified us that it wanted us to change our staggered board provisions only after we had announced, on October 29, 2012, that we would hold our shareholders meeting at the end of November. We subsequently cancelled that meeting and scheduled a replacement meeting after we completed discussions with the Exchange on an acceptable voting and amending process.As a result, the Company is putting forward nominees for all five director positions. The details of the voting and amending process are fully described in the Management Information Circular. St. Elias urges shareholders to vote FOR the amendment to the Company's articles.
- Lori McClenahan has deep experience in all aspects of St. Elias' business. She has led St. Elias as President, CEO and Director since inception in 1997. During this period she has, among other things:
- Established the Company's strategy and arranged the financings that have kept St. Elias going,
- Selected and inspired the Company's employees and consultants who form St. Elias' executive team, and
- Negotiated numerous contracts with independent exploration consultants, contract drillers, and other parties.
- Tina Whyte was first elected to the Board in November 2011 and has served as corporate secretary since November 2010. In this capacity, Tina is responsible for the Company's corporate, legal and regulatory affairs. Tina's expertise spans a wide range of corporate and financial issues including stock exchange listings and listings maintenance, public and private financings, pre-IPO venture financings, secondary offerings, debt and equity private placements and prospectus offerings, stock option and share compensation plans. Tina gained extensive experience in corporate finance and securities law while working at a variety of Vancouver based law firms including her prior employment as a Senior Securities Paralegal with Vector Corporate Finance Lawyers from 2006 until 2010.
- Paul McDonald joined the Board in January 2012. He has 40 years of experience in financing and development of growth companies in the resource sector. Mr. McDonald has been a Vice-President of the Montreal Stock Exchange and was principal owner and president of Grant Johnson Securities. He has had numerous appointments to corporate boards, including Sullivan Mining Group and Chemalloy Minerals Corporation. He is currently a director of NASDAQ-listed Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation of Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey. Mr. McDonald has a law degree from McGill University in Montreal.
- Donald Bastien, who joined the Board in January 2012, is a Corporate Director and Business Consultant. He retired this year as Senior Vice-President and General Manager of CTV Montreal, a position he held starting in 2001. He brings extensive business and operations experience to the St. Elias Board. He is a community leader, serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Quebec Lottery Corporation and the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation. He is also vice-president of the executive committee and chairman of the special events committee of the Mental Illness Foundation.
- Robert Krause, a consulting geologist since 1985, has extensive international exploration experience. In the 1990's he was project geologist for Vancouver-based Milagro Minerals Inc., which was acquired by a senior producer after discovering a one million ounce gold deposit in Honduras. Mr. Krause is President of his own geology consulting company and vice-president of exploration for Vancouver-based Pacific Cascade Minerals Inc. From 2003 to 2009 he was senior geologist for Auracle Resources Ltd., also of Vancouver. Mr. Krause has a Bachelor of Science (Geology major) from the University of British Columbia. He is a director and member of the Audit Committee of the Vancouver-based exploration company, Solid Gold Resources Corp and he is a former director and member of the Audit Committee of another Vancouver-based exploration company, Canada Strategic Metals Inc.