Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Death Of Tom Hendry
OTTAWA, Dec. 3, 2012 /CNW/ - It was with sadness that I learned of the passing of Tom Hendry.
Mr. Hendry was a tremendously influential figure in the world of Canadian theatre, having first of all co-founded the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre—this country's first English regional theatre (with John Hirsch, in 1958). After serving as general manager of the Centre, he went on to co-found the Playwrights Co-op and the Toronto Free Theatre and founded the Banff Playwrights Colony. He was the first literary manager at the Stratford Festival. Tom Hendry was also a literary talent, writing several plays and television scripts. He was an Officer of the Order of Canada.
On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to offer my condolences to the family and friends of Tom Hendry and to Canada's theatrical community.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV