Forest Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: FRX) today announced it will be presenting data on cariprazine at the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology Annual Meeting scheduled December 2-6, 2012 in Hollywood, FL. Forest Laboratories, Inc recently submitted a New Drug Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for cariprazine for the treatment of schizophrenia and the acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with Bipolar I disorder.
The cariprazine results will be announced in 3 poster presentations:
- Efficacy and Safety of Cariprazine in Acute Exacerbation of Schizophrenia: A Phase III, International, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial (Poster 9: Wednesday, December 5 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EST)
- Cariprazine Exhibits Dopamine D 3 Receptor-Dependent Antidepressant-Like Activity in the Chronic Unpredictable Stress Model of Anhedonia (Poster 12: Monday, December 3 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EST)
- Effects of Chronic Cariprazine Administration on Serotonin and Glutamate Receptor Subtypes (Poster 161: Monday, December 3 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EST)
Cariprazine is an orally active and potent dopamine D 3-preferring D 3 /D 2 receptor partial agonist. Cariprazine has a low affinity at other receptor sites such as 5-HT 2C, muscarinic, and adrenergic which have been associated with adverse events.Cariprazine was discovered by Gedeon Richter Plc and is licensed to Forest Laboratories Inc., in the U.S. and Canada. About Gedeon Richter Plc. Gedeon Richter Plc. ( www.richter.hu) headquartered in Budapest/Hungary, is a major pharmaceutical company in Central Eastern Europe, with an expanding direct presence in Western Europe. Richter’s consolidated sales were approximately EUR 1.1 billion (USD 1.5 billion) while its market capitalization amounted to EUR 2.1 billion (USD 2.7 billion) in 2011. The product portfolio of the Company covers almost all important therapeutic areas, including gynecology, central nervous system and cardiovascular. Having the largest R&D unit in Central Eastern Europe, the Company’s original research activity focuses on CNS disorders. With its widely acknowledged steroid chemistry expertise Richter is a significant player in the female healthcare field worldwide. Richter is also active in the scope of biosimilar product development. About Forest Laboratories Forest Laboratories’ (NYSE: FRX) longstanding global partnerships and track record developing and marketing pharmaceutical products in the United States have yielded its well-established central nervous system and cardiovascular franchises and innovations in anti-infective and respiratory, gastrointestinal, and pain management medicine. The Company’s pipeline, the most robust in its history, includes product candidates in all stages of development across a wide range of therapeutic areas. The Company is headquartered in New York, NY. To learn more, visit www.FRX.com. Except for the historical information contained herein, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the difficulty of predicting FDA approvals, the acceptance and demand for new pharmaceutical products, the impact of competitive products and pricing, the timely development and launch of new products, and the risk factors listed from time to time in Forest Laboratories' Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and any subsequent SEC filings. Forest assumes no obligation to update forward looking statements contained in this release to reflect new information or future events or developments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV