Central Securities Corporation (NYSE MKT: CET) announced today that the price at which Common Stock will be issued in payment of the $0.54 per share distribution payable on December 21, 2012 is $19.20 per share. This price is the arithmetic average of the daily volume weighted average price (“VWAP”) of the Corporation’s Common Stock for each trading day during the three-day period ending on, and including, December 3, 2012, rounded to two decimal places. The distribution was previously announced on November 5, 2012 and is payable to shareholders of record on November 15, 2012.
It is estimated that of the $0.54 per share to be paid, $0.26 will be taxable as ordinary income and $0.28 will be taxable as long-term capital gain. Tax treatment will be the same whether the distribution is received in stock or cash. The final tax breakdown of all amounts paid during 2012 will be available after year end.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV