SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost Investment Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor, today launched the Frost-Cinque Large Cap Buy-Write Equity Fund (FCBWX - Institutional shares and FCAWX - Class A shares) and the Frost Credit Fund (FCFIX - Institutional shares and FCFAX - Class A shares), adding two new strategies to the firm's mutual fund family.
The Frost-Cinque Large Cap Buy-Write Equity Fund will combine large-cap equity assets with option strategies to potentially reduce market volatility and an investment strategy that includes buy-writes, protective puts and long-call options that may provide downside protection and increase portfolio income. The fund's investment strategy will also include:
- A large-cap equity portfolio diversified across industries and sectors, emphasizing companies that may out-perform their peers or the broader market
- A strategy to potentially mitigate market downside and increase portfolio income levels
- A long-term investment horizon with relatively low portfolio turnover.
Cinque Partners, a registered investment advisor headquartered in California, will manage the Frost-Cinque Fund as a sub-advisor. Cinque Partners' Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer Alan Adelman will lead the management team for the fund. Adelman previously served as CIO for several large banking companies. "Frost Investment Advisors is a world-class investment organization, and Cinque Partners is proud to sub-advise this innovative fund offering," said Adelman."We are very pleased to be working with Cinque Partners on the Large Cap Buy-Write Equity Fund," said Tom Stringfellow, president of Frost Investment Advisors. " Alan Adelman and his team are industry experts on hedged equity investments, which may be appealing to our clients during a time of financial uncertainty and volatility." The Frost Credit Fund seeks to maximize total return, consisting of income and capital appreciation. The fund invests in U.S. dollar-denominated high-yield fixed-income securities and other lower quality fixed income securities, which typically have a higher-risk profile when compared to government-issued fixed-income securities. The fund's strategy will be a domestic fixed-income portfolio composed of below-investment-grade corporate bonds, combined with both investment-grade and below-investment-grade mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV