NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. (NYSE: ZTR) announced a monthly distribution of $0.082 per share, payable on December 20, 2012, to shareholders of record on December 13, 2012 (ex-date December 11, 2012).
The Fund has a Managed Distribution Plan ("Plan") to pay 7% of the Fund's net asset value on an annualized basis including all available investment income, consistent with its primary investment objectives and as required by the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. Distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, capital gains, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. You should not draw any conclusions about the Fund's investment performance from the amount of this distribution or from the terms of the Fund's Plan.
The Fund estimates that it has distributed more than its income and net realized capital gains in the fiscal year to date; therefore, a portion of the distribution may be a return of capital. A return of capital may occur, for example, when some or all of the money that you invested in the Fund is paid back to you. A return of capital distribution does not necessarily reflect the Fund's investment performance and should not be confused with "yield" or "income."
The amounts and sources of distributions reported in Section 19(a) notices of the 1940 Act are only estimates and are not being provided for tax reporting purposes. The actual amounts and sources of the amounts for tax reporting purposes will depend upon the Fund's investment experience during the remainder of its fiscal year and may be subject to changes based on tax regulations. The Fund will send shareholders a Form 1099-DIV for the calendar year that will tell you how to report these distributions for federal income tax purposes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV