Electro Scientific Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:ESIO), a leading supplier of innovative laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry, today announced that its board of directors declared a special cash dividend of $2.00 per share. The dividend is payable December 27, 2012 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 13, 2012.
“We are pleased to be in a position to pay a special dividend to shareholders,” said Nick Konidaris, president and CEO of ESI. “Today’s announcement reflects our commitment to return excess cash to shareholders following our recent successful patent settlement. The board believes a special dividend paid at this time represents an opportunistic and tax-efficient way to return value to shareholders.”
About ESI, Inc.
ESI is a leading supplier of innovative, laser-based manufacturing solutions for the microtechnology industry. Our systems enable precise structuring and testing of micron to submicron features in electronic devices, semiconductors, LEDs and other high-value components. We partner with our customers to make breakthrough technologies possible in the microelectronics, semiconductor and other emerging industries. Founded in 1944, ESI is headquartered in Portland, Ore., with global operations from the Pacific Northwest to the Pacific Rim. More information is available at www.esi.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV