News Summary: Copper Rises On China Manufacturing
By The Associated Press
GLEAM IN COPPER: Copper rose to its highest level in nearly seven weeks on signs that China's manufacturing industry is getting healthier even though its U.S. counterpart suffered a setback. Investors hope that the improvement in China will increase demand for copper and other commodities.
REVVED UP: Platinum and palladium prices rose as U.S. auto sales rebounded in November, in part because of stronger demand after Superstorm Sandy hit the Northeast. The two metals are used in automobile catalytic converters.
MIXED BAG: Prices rose for gold, oil, corn and soybeans. Wholesale gasoline, heating oil and wheat fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV