BabyCentre® Predicts Kate Carrying A Future Queen Of England
Sasha Miller, the International Managing Editor for BabyCentre, comments: "For any parent, having your first baby is life-changing. For William and Catherine their firstborn could change the future of this country.
"Our Royal Baby team of pregnancy and parenting experts has been set up today to cater to the inevitable interest around Kate's pregnancy. We are preparing ourselves for a 'Royal baby effect' as expectant mums across the country, or indeed around the world will want to emulate every decision Catherine makes - from the clothes she wears, to the birthing plan she chooses. The BabyCentre community is already abuzz with the news."
This anticipated "Royal baby effect" will also likely to have an impact on baby name trends, with William and Catherine's chosen name for their little one expected to soar in popularity. Sasha Miller adds:
"We expect 'Elizabeth' to feature as a middle name following in both Windsor and Middleton tradition; both Catherine and her mum Carole share Elizabeth as a middle name, as do the Queen's granddaughters, Zara, Beatrice and Louise."For the baby's first name, royal traditions and the likelihood that this child will succeed to the throne means that we can expect a traditional first name. Victoria meaning 'victory' has strong royal heritage and is still a popular choice in royal circles so it wouldn't be a surprise if this is the name that William and Catherine choose." Those with royal connections have already been making their impact felt in the UK's baby name chart; this year, the names Catherine and Kate both increased in popularity by 188 per cent and 260 per cent respectively. And with 2012 being the year of the Queen's jubilee, the name Elizabeth is being favoured by patriotic parents and is on track for a 264 per cent increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV