WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Advisory Board Company's Southwind program announced on Monday that it has recognized three top-performing health care provider organizations with national awards for successful physician alignment.
Southwind presented the following awards:
- Physician Alignment Award in Clinical Integration (CI): Dignity Health, for engaging more than 2,300 physicians to improve collaboration;
- Physician Alignment Award in Clinical Transformation: Adirondack Region Medical Home Pilot, for implementing advanced primary care across all health care providers in a region of New York; and
- Physician Alignment Award in Physician Practice Management: Lancaster General Health, for improving quality of care while saving more than $5.5 million by improving its medical group's revenue cycle and providing physicians access to automated performance reports.
"When hospitals, health systems, and other providers begin making the transformation from volume-based to value-based care, no factor plays a more critical role in their success than the ability to align closely with physicians on cost and quality performance," said John Deane, CEO, Southwind, The Advisory Board Company's health care management and consulting services program. "These three organizations are national leaders in executing key initiatives for an accountable care strategy: improving performance, raising quality, and reducing costs."Southwind Physician Alignment Award in Clinical Integration: Dignity HealthIn CI programs, a network of independent physicians collectively commits to collaborate with a hospital or health system to deliver improvements in quality and cost of care. Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, is one of the nation's five largest health care systems in the nation with 11,000 physicians across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Dignity Health sought a model of care that would leverage local affiliations and foster physician leadership in each market, but would also align physicians with the system's overarching strategy to become regional, integrated care delivery systems. Working with Southwind, Dignity Health developed an executive strategy to foster and support local, physician-led efforts for CI programs. Today, more than 2,300 physicians across the Dignity Health system participate in a local CI program.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts