Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is reporting additional progress on a wide range of key CSR initiatives, including a 10 percent year-on-year reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, as detailed in the Company’s newly-released Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) 2011 Update. The report highlights CSR progress and goals for the 2011 calendar year as a mid-cycle benchmark to the Company’s biannual CSR report. Hasbro is also reporting an overall Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions reduction of 20 percent against the Company’s 2008 baseline, and highlighting its efforts to begin extensively tracking supply chain and support service Scope 3 emissions. Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions are related to manufacturing emissions and electricity consumption.
“Hasbro remains committed to transparency in all aspects of corporate social responsibility,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s President and CEO. “Tracking, reducing and reporting on our greenhouse gas emissions throughout our supply chain is one important aspect of that commitment. We remain highly focused on conducting business responsibly as we build upon our momentum in CSR.”
Hasbro is committed to continuous CSR improvement and leadership, focusing on three key priorities: product safety, environmental sustainability and manufacturing ethics. The CSR 2011 Update highlights achievements from each of the three key focus areas.
- Hasbro had zero product recalls in 2011, a testament to the Company’s industry-leading quality assurance and safety processes.
- Hasbro reduced water use by 12.5 percent in 2011 for a cumulative reduction of 18.7 percent from a 2008 baseline, surpassing its goal of 15 percent water use reduction well before its 2012 year-end target.
- Hasbro increased distribution and logistics efficiencies domestically and internationally. The Company moved 96 percent of its domestic product shipments via SmartWay carrier members, which are companies that track fuel use for reporting efficiency of carbon emission reductions. It also opened new distribution centers in Moscow and Prague to reduce miles to customers.
- Hasbro continues to require all third-party manufacturing partners in China to adhere to the International Council of Toy Industries ( ICTI) CARE (Caring, Awareness, Responsible, Ethical) Process, and to carry the ICTI Seal of Compliance.
In addition, Hasbro continued its investment in the community through numerous philanthropic initiatives in 2011, including donating more than 400,000 toys and games during the holidays, and 18,531 hours of volunteer time by employees.Hasbro will publish a full, GRI-based CSR report in 2013 to cover progress and goals during calendar year 2012. To learn more about Hasbro's CSR progress, please visit www.hasbro.com/csr . About Hasbro, Inc. Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. The Hub TV Network is part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), in the U.S. Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com. HAS-CSR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV