CSR And The Telecom Council Announce Speakers, Agenda For 6th Annual Locations & Beyond Summit
CSR plc (LSE: CSR)(NASDAQ: CSRE) today announced, together with the Telecom Council of Silicon Valley, the speaker line-up and agenda for its sixth annual Locations & Beyond Summit to be held Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Palo Alto, California. Joep van Beurden, CEO of CSR, will provide the fireside chat, while Andreas Winckler, senior advanced technology engineer at BMW Group will deliver the keynote address.
The Summit, this year called "Locations & Beyond: Mobile Forum,” is designed to convene top experts in location and connectivity to explore the topics of indoor location and resulting use cases, as well as CSR’s Location-as-a-Service (LaaS) roadmap. The agenda, speaker details, and additional information are available at www.locationsandbeyond.net; here is the line-up at a glance:
- Roger Lanctot, associate director in the Global Automotive Practice of Strategy Analytics, will open the Summit with a market update to set the context for understanding the changes and possibilities for mobile and wireless innovations in the location market.
- Andreas Winckler, senior advanced technology engineer at BMW Group Technology Office, will discuss during his keynote address the widespread adoption of advanced driver assistance systems, and examine ways in which carmakers can redefine their roles in the location-based services (LBS) market using the exploding volume of data generated by vehicle sensors.
- Derek Kerton, principal analyst at the Kerton Group, and Joep van Beurden, CEO of CSR, will host a fireside chat exploring the “beyond” in Locations & Beyond, sharing the latest developments and future potential for location-based services.
- Laurie Lamberth, founder and vice president of business development at Laurie Lamberth and Associates, will moderate “Location Creation,” a panel about location technologies for smartphones and other mobile devices, including enhancements to satellite-based positioning as well as techniques for high-precision outdoor location and the new varied approaches for indoor positioning.
- Steve Augustino, partner at Kelley, Drye and Warren, will moderate “Location Services 2.0,” a panel designed to explore the next step in the LBS ecosystem: once position is determined, what can be done with the resulting data, how to manage privacy, how LBS can and should be architected, provisioned and delivered for various use cases, and innovative new applications that can utilise location technology for user satisfaction and business profitability.
- In past years, one of the most popular elements of the Summit has been the Fast-Pitch sessions – this year, called “Rapid Fire” – in which companies present their new location-based offerings. This year’s sessions – five minutes each – will be moderated by Paul Asel, managing partner of Nokia Growth Partners. Companies presenting include Urban Airship, Locaid Technologies, InvisiTrak, Pole Star USA, Mosaik Solutions, and Alohar Mobile.
“Our industry has really only tapped the surface in delivering indoor location technology and the resulting applications,” according to Dr. Steven D. Gray, chief technology officer for CSR. “There's far more to be done to increase precision and deliver new classes of devices, platforms, and services in order to provide offerings that are beneficial to both consumers and businesses. At this year’s summit, we will seek to help chart a course for organisations wishing to tap this enormous potential.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV