Dow Electronic Materials, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), today announced two key commercial-ready technologies for leading-edge semiconductor and printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing. The company also unveiled new advances in its extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography development efforts:
- Dow introduces the first two polishing pad families under its new IKONIC™ chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) pad platform.
- Dow brings to market two new MICROFILL™ copper plating products that enhance the performance of high density interconnect (HDI) and IC substrate PCBs.
- Dow unveils critical performance advances for its EUV photoresists and ancillary lithography materials.
“Dow is committed to delivering innovative solutions for the electronics industry. Our technologies are critical to extending Moore’s law, allowing for improved processing power as well as memory capacity enabling our customers to manufacture the most advanced components that can differentiate consumer mobile electronic devices,” said Dominic Yang, president, Dow Electronic Materials. “Dow is committed to supporting our customers with advanced materials for semiconductor, chip-to-circuit board packaging solutions and PCB manufacturing. Electronic Materials’ IKONIC polishing pad platform, MICROFILL Electrolytic Copper and EUV technologies are at the leading edge of development. Our research, development and manufacturing capabilities, as well as our global footprint, allow us to address our customers’ requirements with timely solutions,” said Yang.
IKONIC CMP Polishing Pad Platform
The IKONIC CMP polishing pad platform is setting a new benchmark in performance, enabling customers to manufacture advanced semiconductors and memory devices. A breakthrough in CMP polishing pad technology, the IKONIC platform delivers the highest performance levels for the broadest range of CMP applications at or below the 28 nm technology node. IKONIC polishing pads are formulated with a unique chemistry in a range of hardness and porosity leading to increased wafer yields and lower cost of ownership. This new platform and Dow’s expertise in manufacturing ensure Dow’s ability to deliver product when and where needed.The first two families of the IKONIC polishing pad series are slated to launch in early 2013. IKONIC 2000 polishing pads will target copper barrier polishing and other processes requiring soft and ultra-soft pads. The 2000 series is designed to deliver step-out reduction in wafer defects, tunable removal rate with selectivity, and longer pad lifetime. IKONIC 3000 polishing pads will target bulk copper polishing and other processes requiring medium hardness pads. The 3000 series is designed to reduce wafer defects, improve topography, and lower customer’s cost of ownership. Samples are currently available and in beta testing with multiple key customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV