Dow Performance Packaging, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), announced today it has reached a new innovation milestone by creating 42 new products for the high performance packaging sector in 2012 – achieving a run rate of nearly one new product per week in the year. These new and expanded lines of high performance resins, films and adhesive products are expected to deliver more than 100 million pounds of new business in North America alone in 2013 and further shifts Dow participation into higher value applications.
This achievement also strengthens Dow’s commitment to be the go-to innovator in the global packaging sector and to deliver new solutions for better packaging worldwide.
Dow is the largest supplier to the $500 billion global packaging sector, and the Company is well-known for its innovative technologies and broad portfolio of high performance materials for the fast growing food and beverage packaging market.
New Technologies for Better PackagingAs global demand continues to increase for high performance plastic packaging, Dow is at the forefront of significant advancements that enable new, improved and more sustainable packaging innovations. These address key consumer demands and trends, such as packages that keep food fresh longer; packages that are lighter, yet stronger; and closures that are easy to open and reseal, which enable new levels of consumer convenience. Some examples of new technologies commercially introduced to market this year include:
- ELITE TM Advanced Technology (AT) Polyethylene (PE) Resins, which enable enhanced sealing, physical properties and processability.
- SEALUTION TM Peel Polymers that deliver consistent peel strength over time, enabling strong seal strength for package fillers (such as food companies) while making packages easier to open for consumers.
- MOR-FREE TM Solventless Adhesives, a fast-cure adhesive system that helps speed up packaging lines, delivering new levels of productivity and efficiency.
- ADCOTE™ Adhesives and Coatings, which are solvent-based adhesives that help improve the performance of packages that deliver a 180-day shelf life (unopened).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts