ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE: NOC) aircraft systems repair station in Rolling Meadows has been granted Part 145 certification by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
The company's repair station was established to meet regulatory requirements for customers operating aircraft under civil aviation rules. Opened in 2009, the station services Northrop Grumman's infrared countermeasures systems. EASA Part 145 Repair Station Certification regulates the standards for qualifying as a repair station and the maintenance requirements for aircraft. "We understand the importance of keeping critical systems in top condition and doing so affordably," said Carl Smith, vice president of infrared countermeasures for Northrop Grumman's Land and Self Protection Systems division. "This EASA Part 145 certification will allow us to extend our award-winning service to customers who operate aircraft registered in Europe."
The repair station also holds Part 145 certification from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and has been awarded the FAA's Diamond Award for Excellence for two consecutive years. The station was also recognized by the National Air Transport Association with two consecutive Five Star Awards for its dedication to aviation maintenance technician training.Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV