KARLSRUHE, Germany, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Airbag 2012 -- TRW Automotive Holdings Corp. (NYSE: TRW) is exhibiting a range of technologies and concepts which aim to enhance the protection of occupants in the event of a collision. In addition to presenting advanced occupant restraint technology for frontal and side impact protection, the Company is using Airbag 2012 as a platform to inform its audience about opportunities to improve rear seat safety.
Dirk Schultz, engineering director, TRW Inflatable Restraint Systems said: "Occupant protection for drivers and passengers has improved significantly in previous years – mainly as a result of regulatory changes and greater demands from New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) ratings. However, the level and sophistication of available features on front and rear seats can differ on many vehicles.
"With Euro NCAP planning to introduce a new ratings scheme in 2015 that focuses more stringently on rear seat safety for a wider range of occupant sizes, this situation is about to change. From 2015, tests will focus on older and larger children who use booster seats (Q6 and Q10 child dummies), as well as smaller and lighter adults (HIII 5% dummies)."To maintain a five star rating, vehicle manufacturers will have to meet the more stringent standards set for rear seat occupants. As a leader in the development and manufacture of airbags and seat belts, TRW is well placed to support its customers in offering best in class rear seat safety." At the show, TRW is exhibiting several innovative solutions including its Active Buckle Lifter (ABL) seat belt system which can help occupants to fasten their seat belts by raising the buckle, as well as helping to remove some slack in certain dynamic and critical driving situations. This technology is due to start production on rear seats in 2013 with a major European vehicle manufacturer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV