Aviation Week & Space Technology Investigates Secret Military Programs And Projects In A Special Digital-Only Defense Technology Edition
NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This week's issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) features a digital-only Defense Technology edition that analyzes secret military programs and projects — whether the costs and disadvantages are offset by benefits — and reveals further information about two essential classified USAF programs currently underway.
"The size and scope of secret military projects has never been bigger," said Bill Sweetman, chief editor, AW&ST's Defense Technology Edition. "Stealth, which is the biggest factor in most air force secret programs, is not discussed today as openly as it was 20 years ago."
That renewed secretiveness may not be justified, suggested Sweetman, since Russia, China and European defense industries are now flying stealth aircraft, showing that they understand the technology. "That's an important issue," said Sweetman, "Because stealth technology is at the core of today's most controversial defense projects." AW&ST's defense editorial team have assembled an in-depth digital issue that includes:
- More details about two important classified USAF programs – a Northrop Grumman reconnaissance UAV and a bomber demonstrator
- CIA's growing "shadow air force" of armed drones
- How Chinese culture helps that nation keep its secrets while it helps itself to everyone else's
- Lockheed Blackbirds, Israeli spy satellites and Nimrod replacements
- Multimedia slideshow illustrating how some secret programs were uncovered before declassification status and those that pioneered technology that was never fully exploited because of secrecy available here: http://www.aviationweek.com/Portals/aweek/media/secrets_AW_12_03_2012/secrets.html
Aviation Week has provided open-access to this digital edition: http://www.aviationweek.com/Publications/dti.aspx.About Aviation Week:Aviation Week, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. Aviation Week produces data and analytics services including the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), industry-leading events around the world, as well as ShowNews and Business & Commercial Aviation. On July 2, 2012, the group's flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) relaunched with an even greater focus on technology, business and operations that has long been the brand's hallmark. In addition to civil, military and space, AW&ST's market coverage is further expanded with new monthly Defense Technology and MRO editions to include land and sea and aftermarket insights. Aviation Week's 2012 digital expansion includes a redesigned AviationWeek.com for deeper community engagement and navigation and a comprehensive technology upgrade to the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN). AWIN, the industry's essential integrated business tool, now has increased capability through more fleet and MRO data and an expanded team of data analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV