BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) today announced the launch of its product calculator app for Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad mobile devices. The Vulcan Materials Product Calculator is a tool that allows users to estimate the construction materials needed for building and paving projects. The app is free and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
By entering project dimensions such as length, width and thickness, and material properties such as density, the product calculator estimates needed quantities for different aggregate, asphalt and concrete products. To assist with calculations, menus are also available for selection of typical density values for different aggregate types.
Vulcan Materials Company, a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates, a major producer of asphalt mix and concrete and a leading producer of cement in Florida. For additional information about Vulcan, see vulcanmaterials.com.SOURCE Vulcan Materials Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV