MIAMI, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- El Show con Tony Benitez , WGEN-TV 8 (GENTV)'s new daily comedy talk show, debuts Monday, December 3 at 7:00 p.m. ET, featuring legendary mambo musician's son Tito Puente, Jr. as celebrity guest, and a special performance by the cast of the Broadway Musical STOMP.
" El Show is primetime entertainment, where we are focused on making people laugh with intelligent and refreshing comedy in addition to providing access to exceptional musical performances relevant to this diverse South Florida audience," said Roy Meyeringh, General Manager of WGEN-TV. "Our main focus was to create a show that was uniquely different from what is presently offered on-air in our market," said Carlos Marquez-Sterling, Director of Creative Services of WGEN-TV and Co-Creator of El Show. "Our creative inspiration draws from the Golden Age of Comedy, ranging from Syd Caesar all the way to present day late night icons like Conan Obrien, yet immersed in our Hispanic roots and brought to life with the extraordinary talent of Tony Benitez and his cast."
With a house band led by 18-time Grammy Award-nominee and world renowned music producer, Marlow Rosado, and a well-thought out schedule of special guest appearances during the first week, El Show's audience will enjoy the unparalleled access to some of the top names in the entertainment industry:
- Tito Puente, Jr. – As bandleader and son of legendary mambo musician Tito Puente, he delivers great performances that light up the stage, proudly carrying his father's legacy by performing many of his repertoires.
- STOMP – On Monday, December 3, the Broadway cast explodes onto stage exciting the audience with mind-blowing rhythms using unconventional instruments such as, brooms, trashcans and even newspapers.
- Proyecto Uno – The Dominican-American music group has captivated fans across Latin America blending different styles of music creating their own genre – merenrap. On Tuesday, December 4 they will not fail to deliver an outstanding performance to the GENTV audience.
- Yahaira Solano – Known for being an entertainer, urban pop singer, songwriter and music producer, Yahaira combines Pop, Rap and Dance music in Spanish and English in her debut album "Sexy". Friday, December 7 she will enchant the audience with her talented performing skills.
- Adriana Catano – As Cristina Esquivel in the Nickelodeon Latin American hit series "Grachi," this Colombian-born soap opera actress culminates El Show's launch week and joins Tony Benitez on stage Friday, December 7 for a special guest appearance filled with fun and laughter.
- Desmond Child - This American musician, songwriter, producer and newly inducted member of the Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame, joins Tony Benitez for a special performance Friday, December 7.
- Rey Ruiz – Known for being a powerful Cuban musician with more than 20 years of experience, this talented performer will certainly bring the audience to their feet with a dazzling performance of authentic Cuban music during Tuesday's show, December 11.
- N'Klabe – El Show invites this Puerto Rican Salsa group members Felix Javier "Felo" Torres, Jose Ruben "JR" Ruiz and Roberto Karlo Figueroa to perform their # 1 single 'La Banda' Thursday, December 13.