While Tebow's future with the Jets is now a point of speculation among football fans, Rogers is confident the former Heisman Trophy winner will make a strong case for the company. Rogers is also equally bullish on Tebow's football career as he seems to be about TiVo's earnings prospects. "He should be starting," Rogers told TheStreet, of Tebow's quarterback skills.
TiVo has already shown more promise than Tebow by beating third-quarter earnings estimates in November and it settled intellectual property disputes with Verizon (VZ) in the fall, chalking up some investor yardage.
Rogers spent the good portion of an hour long presentation at the UBS conference explaining to investors why the company's products, patents and technologies have it well positioned as consumers move to mobile devices and are tempted by over-the-top media outside of traditional cable packages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV