W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) announced today that Gregory A. Douglas has been named president of B F Re Underwriters, LLC (B F Re). The appointment is effective January 1, 2013. Mr. Douglas succeeds Daniel L. Avery, who served as president of B F Re Underwriters since it was established in 2002. Mr. Avery will continue to oversee other activities within the W. R. Berkley Corporation group of companies.
Mr. Douglas joined B F Re as executive vice president and chief operating officer in 2010. He has 30 years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry, holding various senior positions with leading property and casualty insurers and global reinsurers. Mr. Douglas graduated with a B.A. from Iowa State University.
Commenting on the appointment, William R. Berkley, chairman and chief executive officer said, “Greg is a proven reinsurance professional with a broad base of experience that will enable B F Re to continue developing strong reinsurance relationships with its clients by focusing on delivering value-added services. I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Dan for his invaluable service to the company over the last 10 years and we look forward to his ongoing contributions.”
B F Re, based in Stamford, CT, offers a full range of reinsurance products including treaty, automatic, semi-automatic and individual risk assumed reinsurance through a nationwide network of regional offices.For further information about the products and services available from B F Re, please visit www.bfreunds.com. Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in five segments of the property casualty insurance business: specialty insurance, regional property casualty insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance and international.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV