1. As of noon trading, Barrick Gold Corporation ( ABX) is down $0.22 (-0.6%) to $34.31 on light volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Barrick Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.20-$34.67 after having opened the day at $34.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.53. Barrick Gold Corporation engages in the production and sale of gold and copper. The company has a portfolio of 27 operating mines, and exploration and development projects located in North America, South America, the Australia Pacific region, and Africa. Barrick Gold Corporation has a market cap of $34.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Barrick Gold Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Barrick Gold Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and deteriorating net income. Get the full Barrick Gold Corporation Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts