3 Stocks Pushing The Internet Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) is down $0.59 (-1.6%) to $36.03 on average volume Thus far, 924,755 shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $35.78-$36.75 after having opened the day at $36.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.62. Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides content delivery and cloud infrastructure services for accelerating and improving applications over the Internet in the United States and internationally. Akamai Technologies has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Akamai Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Akamai Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Akamai Technologies Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the internet industry could consider First Trust Dow Jones Internet Idx ( FDN) while those bearish on the internet industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts