1. As of noon trading, DeVry ( DV) is down $0.85 (-3.3%) to $25.22 on light volume Thus far, 466,402 shares of DeVry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.87-$26.15 after having opened the day at $26.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.07. DeVry Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides educational services worldwide. DeVry has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 31.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate DeVry a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates DeVry as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full DeVry Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts