3 Stocks Pushing The Specialty Retail Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Dick's Sporting Goods ( DKS) is up $0.43 (0.8%) to $52.94 on light volume Thus far, 361,833 shares of Dick's Sporting Goods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.50-$53.00 after having opened the day at $52.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.51. Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. operates as a sporting goods retailer in the United States. Dick's Sporting Goods has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 42.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Dick's Sporting Goods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dick's Sporting Goods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Dick's Sporting Goods Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the specialty retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the specialty retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts