1. As of noon trading, State Street ( STT) is up $0.51 (1.1%) to $44.95 on average volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $44.41-$45.06 after having opened the day at $44.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.44. State Street Corporation, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to institutional investors worldwide. State Street has a market cap of $20.7 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate State Street a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates State Street as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full State Street Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts