1. As of noon trading, Texas Instruments ( TXN) is up $0.26 (0.9%) to $29.73 on light volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Texas Instruments exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $29.57-$29.85 after having opened the day at $29.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.47. Texas Instruments Incorporated engages in the design and sale of semiconductors to electronics designers and manufacturers worldwide. Texas Instruments has a market cap of $33.7 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Texas Instruments a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 20 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Texas Instruments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Texas Instruments Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts