3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Kinder Morgan ( KMI) is up $0.19 (0.6%) to $34.00 on light volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.92-$34.22 after having opened the day at $34.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.81. Kinder Morgan, Inc. owns and operates energy transportation and storage assets in the United States and Canada. The company operates in six segments: Products Pipelines-KMP, Natural Gas Pipelines KMP, CO2 KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and NGPL PipeCo LLC. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $35.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 67.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts