"Population Media Center is excited about the success of 'Ultimo Ano,' and this unique private-public partnership with MTV, to create a telenovela and website that not only engages viewers but also brings real social issues to the center of the conversation between characters and audiences alike. 'Ulitmo Ano' has brought important issues like domestic violence, teen pregnancy, STD prevention, safe sex, healthy relationships, and cyberbullying to the surface, and our accompanying website SexySex provides audiences with real life information and resources on the issues addressed in the novela. Audience's throughout
Latin America are commenting and writing about the impact and relevance of the social issues raised in the novela."
Katie Elmore Mota, Vice President for Communications and Programs, Population Media Center.
"Few young people receive adequate preparation for their sexual lives. This leaves them potentially vulnerable to coercion, abuse, unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). The case of Mexico reflects what is happening in many other Latin American countries: one in four adolescents experience unmet needs for modern contraception and only 38% of adolescents use condoms in their first sexual experience," Diego Palacios Jaramillo. "UNFPA Mexico welcomes 'Ultimo Ano' as a meaningful effort to provide young people with knowledge and useful references to make informed decisions about their sexuality and enable them to avoid unwanted pregnancies, improve their sexual and reproductive health and protect themselves against STIs, including HIV." He added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV