MIAMI , Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MTV Latin America, Population Media Center and the United Nations Population Fund (UNPF) expand the social efforts of the network's new novela, "Ultimo Ano" with the launch of the SexySex campaign. The new initiative encourages young people to get informed on the issues of sexual health and domestic violence, while providing a call-to-action. The multi-faceted campaign includes PSA's featuring cast leads, sexual health trivia powered by StayTeen.org and an engaging digital destination that includes video clips and exclusive photos from the novela along with available methods of prevention and accessible counseling services throughout Latin America.
"Ultimo Ano" introduces a first-ever initiative for MTV Latin America, uniting network writers and researchers from Population Media Center (PMC) to produce entertainment-education content, where characters were developed to evolve into role models for the audience, encouraging the adoption of healthier behaviors to benefit individuals and their societies. The new campaign aims to reduce the alarming statistics around teen pregnancy, sexual health, STDs and HIV/AIDS, domestic violence and child abuse among Latin American youth.
"Social responsibility is always at the forefront of our brand, and our content continues to serve as a credible and valuable space to engage, educate and help shift the mindset of Latin American Youth," said
Mario Cader-Frech, VP of Public Affairs
for Viacom International Media Network's – The Americas. "In
Colombia, women are experiencing domestic violence at a rapid rate and 1 in 5 births are a result of teen pregnancy - it's our duty to empower young people with the right tools and resources to experience a more positive adolescence."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV