Cramer Quick Take: Fiscal Cliff Is Not Overhyped
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Should investors really worry about the fiscal cliff or have the media been blowing things out of proportion? Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday the fiscal cliff is a real concern and one to which investors must pay attention.
Cramer said spending cuts set for Jan. 1 are harsh and the subsequent job losses will be significant if no deal is reached. He said companies will be hard-pressed to hold their earnings numbers if a recession is imminent, so they're very likely to start laying off staff sooner as opposed to later.
Cramer said it's silly to think there will be no impact from the fiscal cliff. He said Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is worried, so Cramer is, too.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV