UMB Bank, n.a., the lead bank of UMB Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: UMBF), earns the No. 1 position for Small Business Administration (SBA) lending as defined by the Kansas City MSA 15-county region. The 2012 ranking marks three out of four years UMB has led the area in SBA-guaranteed loans.
According to the 2012 SBA annual report, UMB administered 39 new SBA loans for a total of $9,653,585 to small businesses located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. UMB has averaged $10 million in SBA lending during the past three years. The recent report monitored SBA lending activity by 107 local institutions during the 12-month period ending Sept. 30, 2012.
“Kansas City continues to thrive thanks to growing and successful small businesses throughout the area,” said Kathy Hunter, senior vice president of UMB Small Business Banking. “At UMB Bank, we value the relationships we have with small business owners and are proud to have the financial strength to lend money and support the community through SBA loans.”
About UMBUMB Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: UMBF) is a financial services holding company headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., offering complete banking, asset management, health spending solutions and related financial services to commercial, institutional and personal customers nationwide. Its banking subsidiaries own and operate banking and wealth management centers throughout Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Arizona. Subsidiaries of the holding company and the lead bank, UMB Bank, n.a., include mutual fund and alternative investment services groups, single-purpose companies that deal with brokerage services and insurance, and a registered investment advisor that manages the company's proprietary mutual funds and investment advisory accounts for institutional customers. For more information, visit umb.com or follow us on Twitter at @UMBBank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV