SBA Prepared To Counsel Small Businesses On Ice Due To The NHL Lockout
WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the National Hockey League lockout approaching its fourth month and small businesses across the country on ice, the U.S. Small Business Administration is prepared to help the affected local businesses. In the 23 cities that host NHL teams, SBA representatives will be reaching out over the coming weeks to business owners to provide counseling sessions and help businesses work through this difficult time.
"Small businesses are the backbone of our cities and towns and they should not have to sit in the penalty box," said SBA Administrator Karen Mills. "When massive work stoppages affect local businesses, the federal government must play a role in helping to ensure stability. Using our vast counseling network, SBA is prepared to coach small businesses until the crowds return."
Through resource partners like SCORE, Small Business Development Centers, Women's Business Centers, and Veterans' Business Outreach Centers, SBA has a network of over 14,000 counselors who are ready to lend a hand to small business owners in the affected areas. The cities SBA will be targeting include Anaheim, CA, Boston, MA, Buffalo, NY, Chicago, IL, Columbus, OH, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Los Angeles, CA, Nashville, TN, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, NC, San Jose, CA, St. Louis, MO, St. Paul, MN, Sunrise, FL, Tampa, FL, Uniondale, NY, and Washington, DC.Release Number: 12-05 Internet Address: http://www.sba.gov/news Follow us on Twitter, Facebook & Blogs Contact: Emily Cain, +1-202-205-6420 SOURCE U.S. Small Business Administration
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV