Ever since the Great Recession of 2008 took root, the U.S. Government has done all in its power to boost the economy by keeping interest rates at historical lows. That's been a real help for borrowers as mortgages, corporate bonds and other forms of debt can be issued with low interest expenses. But it's been a nightmare for savers as they try to find high-quality investments that offer payouts robust enough to live on.
Yet if you know where to look, you can find impressive income opportunities across the investing spectrum. A wide number of Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), for example, can deliver 6% or 7% dividend yields. Here are five companies -- outside of those two categories -- that sport dividend yields in excess of 5%. They are of fairly high quality, as Standard & Poors has selected them to be members of the S&P 500, S&P 400 (a mid-cap index) or the S&P 600 (a small-cap index).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV