NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Morgan & Morgan today announced it is investigating Align Technology, Inc. (ALGN). The firm also advised investors of the Jan. 28, 2013, deadline to move for lead plaintiff in an ALGN securities fraud class action filed on their behalf.
If you purchased shares of Align common stock between April 23, 2012 and Oct. 17, 2012, you are encouraged to contact George Pressly, Esq. at Morgan & Morgan at 1 (800) 631-6234 or email George at email@example.com.
A lawsuit, filed on Nov. 28, 2012, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, alleges that Align made false and/or misleading statements to investors in violation of the securities laws. Specifically, it claims that Align failed to timely record write downs associated with its acquisition of Cadent Holdings, Inc., causing it to overstate income and earnings, and failed to inform investors that negotiations with its exclusive European distributor, the Straumann Group ("Straumann"), were either failing or had already failed. At the same time, the complaint argues, insiders at Align sold hundreds of thousands of shares of company stock for tens of millions of dollars.
On Oct. 17, 2012, Align announced an end to its agreement with Straumann. The same day, it pre-announced third quarter fiscal 2012 results that were below analyst expectations. On the news, Align stock fell more than 20 percent.About Morgan & Morgan Morgan & Morgan is one of the nation's largest 200 law firms. In addition to securities fraud, the firm also practices in the areas of antitrust, personal injury, consumer protection, overtime, and product liability. All of the Firm's legal endeavors are rooted in its core mission: provide investor and consumer protection and always fight "for the people." Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV