The West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshal has recently launched the new online Reduced Cigarette Ignition Propensity Certification Application and Renewal System at http://go.wv.gov/fsc . The new system enables cigarette manufacturers to submit Reduced Cigarette Ignition Propensity Certification applications, renewals and supplemental updates to the West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshal and the West Virginia State Tax Department.
Fire-safe cigarettes, as they are more commonly called, contain inserts that prevent the cigarette from burning its entire length, greatly reducing the risk of accidental fires due to unattended cigarettes. West Virginia’s “Reduced Cigarette Ignition Propensity Standard and Firefighter Protection Act” went into effect July 2009.
The new online system completely eliminates the need for manufacturers to mail application forms and supporting documentation to the agencies for processing. New system features include:
- Secure log in
- Quick and efficient four step application and renewal process
- Convenient shopping cart feature for multiple applications
- Secure payment processing and confirmation receipt
- Electronic access to certification certificate
- Convenient renewal reminders
"All manufacturers selling cigarettes in West Virginia must have a certification for each brand family sold, which could be numerous” said Carol Nolte, Deputy State Fire Marshal and director of the Public Education Division. “The new online system was designed to make the application and renewal process as simple and efficient as possible."The West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshal, Public Education Division is responsible in part for the development and implementation of public fire and life safety program activities statewide as well as the administration of the Fire-Safe Cigarette certification program for tobacco manufacturers. Visit www.firemarshal.wv.gov for more information. The new online service was developed at no cost to the West Virginia Office of the State Fire Marshal through the state’s self-funded electronic government program, WV.gov. For more information about West Virginia’s electronic government program visit: http://www.wv.gov/partner. About WV.gov WV.gov is the official Web site of the State of West Virginia ( http://www.wv.gov) and is the result of an innovative public-private partnership between the state and West Virginia Interactive. West Virginia Interactive works with state and local government agencies to build and manage interactive online services and is a subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV). About NIC NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies across the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV